Joelle Jones is quickly becoming one of the most sought after creators in comics. She's done her critically acclaimed book, Lady Killer, for Dark Horse. Currently she's working on Catwoman for DC Comics. Not only is she writing it but drawing it as well. So far it's been phenomenal, in my opinion Catwoman hasn't been this good since Ed Brubaker's run. The book is dealing with the aftermath of "the wedding" over in Batman. It's a fresh take on one of DC's oldest character, and you can tell Joelle was made for this book. Hopefully she stays n this book for a long time because it's one of my favorite books coming out from DC. When I emailed Joelle about doing an interview she said she was swamped but still took the time to answer a few questions. Can't wait to chat with her again.
1. As a writer and an artist, which do you prefer more?
Artist...Although I'm really starting to enjoy the writing process.
2. I have a 3 year old daughter, and I think its awesome how many female creators are gaining more success,
women for her to look up to. Why do you think now, especially over the last few years that is?
What we're seeing happening right now is really exciting. So many new voices and stories and its awesome to be a part of that.
3. What is your dream project?
My dream project is what I'm working on right now. Catwoman and Lady Killer.
4. What do you like best about writing Catwoman? Have you always been a fan of hers?
Yes, I've always been a fan Catwoman. I think she's really fun because you never know what she's going to do. She's mercurial and I love that about her.
5. Catwoman has been awesome so far, how long do you plan on staying on the book?
I try not to think too far ahead, All I can say is that I'm having a blast writing and drawing her.
6. Which creators would you say have influenced you the most?
This changes all the time. I'm always discovering artist and writers that inspire me.
7. Lastly, can you tease any upcoming books you're working on?
I've only got two books on the horizon. More Catwoman and at some point, more Lady Killer.